From:
Sue Kocher <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Jul 1996 15:57:34 EET
Hi pals,

I've only been able to peek occasionally at the FML these days.  I've been
real busy.  I'm still in love with my Rikki Tikki, Turkey's first Ferret in
Residence, but my obsession lately has been in researching Turkish
livestock-protection dogs.  And I'm heading out east to select my own bundle
of puppy joy next week.  Rikki will have to learn to be gentle with the new
giant in the house (well, she'll be giant quickly enough...).  He always got
the best of my doberman.

Otter!  That was some touching post you wrote about your ferrets Winston and
Derrida.  Rikki is cavorting on the beach with my spouse for a week, so I'm
lonelier than thou... And hey, I noticed you have a Duke University email
address--so you belong to Triangle Ferret association, I presume?

I am moving to that part of NC in a couple of months.  I hope to meet you,
and sure would like to see you play guitar at some local cafe with ferret on
shoulder.  *I'll* sure put some coinage and a couple of raisins in your hat!
And BTW, my ferret Emma (R.I.P.) also went into attack mode when I played a
few notes on the harmonica.  Rikki is interested, but Emma would leap up and
bite HARD.  Certain squeak toys would elicit a similar response, but the ol'
mouth harp really provoked violence!  Wonder why?

Oh, and BOB CHURCH: You slay me.  You really do.  I got a good chuckle out
of a recent post of yours, disclaimers and all.  Hope to see you at some
ferret gig or another sometime.  I'll watch for the mismatched socks.

Cheers, one and all,

Sue Kocher
Still in Istanbul