From:
CROW Jackie <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 19 Dec 1997 12:30:11 -0700
Jan wrote:
>Go to the Canada pavilion.  Go see their 360-degree movie 'O Canada'!  A
>short time into the film, there's a moment when assorted animals are shown
>on the big screen: each 'frame' surrounding you shows a different animal.
>Wellllll, guess WHAT?  One of them is a FERRET!!  Well, sort of... I figured
>it probably had to be maybe a polecat, because they present the creature as
>part of Canada's WILDLIFE!  Hmmmm.
and
>In any case, the shot is VERY SHORT, just a second or two, so you have to
>be very alert.  It shows an absolutely adorable sable fur-boy (my guess it's
>a boy) with longish silky guard hairs...

Could this be a mink?  I've never heard of ferrets (or even polecats) living
in the wild in Canada (mind you, until recently, I haven't really cared one
way or the other... funny how these fuzzballs can change your interests!).
Since I live in Canada I sort of felt I had to comment.  Please let me know
if I'm wrong though, and there are polecats in the wild up here!

jackie