From:
Julie Stevens <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 Feb 1999 22:33:11 -0700
I would like some advice particularly from our British members.  I have
been pondering on the idea of using a ferret muzzle on my 2yr old female,
Coco.  I also have 3 males who get along together great, but my little girl
will not tolerate 2 of them.  My youngest male, Duke, 11/2 yrs., has
practically grown up with Coco and are good buds, as for the 2 older males,
3-4 yrs., they are petrified of her and she goes at them like magnets.
When its playtime I separate the main floor from the upstairs with a baby
gate and take turns with each pair upstairs and downstairs ( I don't know
who gets more exercise from this, me or them :-) Lately Duke has been
constantly scratching the gate to be with the 2 boys so I have been putting
them together to play which leaves my poor little girl all by her lonesome
and I feel so bad for her.  I can tell she isn't happy about this because
she leaves little tell-tale signs in obvious places so I know she is upset.
I don't keep Duke with the 2 boys for the whole playtime but I can't seem
to keep everyone happy!  I would like to put her together with everyone but
not have her able to hurt anyone, so I have been comtemplating the idea of
using a ferret muzzle to hopefully stop her from biting the other 2 males.
She would be able to interact with them without harming them.  I would
really appreciate some advice, especially from the well-seasoned ferret
owners.