From:
Michaelangelo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Dec 1997 11:33:35 -0500
Hey folks,

A week ago I posted a message about my ferret who was recently diagnosed
with cardiomyopathy.  Thank you for your letters of support and assistance.

Now I need some more help.  An x-ray and an ultrasound have shown that
Chewie (a silver male) is in the very initial stages of this disease.  He is
asymptomatic and for all intents and purposes, very healthy right now.  He
is showing very little enlargement of the heart.  However, we know that his
condition will steadily worsten.

My vet, a very caring man with less experience with ferret cardiomyopathy
than he'd like to have, feels that if we can come up with preventative
treatment now, we can give Chewie the lifespane he deserves.  Since very few
animals are actually diagnosed this early in the disease (as I understand
it, sometimes it is the initial symptoms that first clue the pet owners
about a problem), there is little known about it.

What I need is infor from those of you who have dealt with this and I also
need to be put into contact with vets who may know more and can help us help
Chewie.

Thank you all in advance and happy holidays!

Michaelangelo