From:
Shannon Morris <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 4 Feb 2000 21:56:41 -0700
I recently purchased a little terror for my daughter.  He is absolutely
adorable but alas my daughter (she's 15) spoils him rotten.  He scares
our pet rat to death every time I try and introduce them to each other.  He
wants to play and she runs.  I am just afraid that he will inadvertently
hurt her in the guise of play.  I purchased him a very large cage and he
seems to like it.  I have had no luck box training him though.  I am not
sure what we are doing wrong?  Any suggestions?  He also eats a LOT.  He is
10 weeks old.  So am not sure if we are over feeding him.  We are feeding
him vet.  recommended ferret food and giving him a daily dose of ferretone.
(he loves that stuff).  He also gets a bit "nippy" at times.  I have tried
to discipline him but am afraid what I am doing is wrong.  I have read all
the information on this on web sites and need more imput?  I also took him
to the vet to have a checkup and found out that the vet has 5 little ones
at home.So I think I picked the right one.  She said that she feeds her
ferrets IAMS cat food.  Is this really a good idea?  I read that cat food
is bad for them.  And also dairy products.  I am sorry to ask so many
questions.  I made a very informed purchase and did a lot of research
before purchasing him.  I also had a ferret when I was young.  But back
then we didn't stress about diet etc.  I just want what's best for him.
He is a part of our family and we love him.  He also received his first set
of shots at the vet.  Kodo and I would appreciate any help.

Shannon Morris [log in to unmask]

One more thing we live in the desert and it is really dry.  Is there a
chance that he could become dehydrated?  He has fresh water twice a day.
And should the water be at room temp?  Thanks.