From:
Michelle Phillips <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Jan 1998 19:46:42 -0600
Hi everyone....well a month or so ago I was asking for advice about a friend
who was neglecting their ferret.  I had given everyone an update that they
had decided (even after my begging) to keep the ferret...well, now a month
later, they have changed their minds and come to the conclusion that they
cannot give her the attention she needs and are going to give her to me.  I
will be going to pick her up this weekend.  She is an un-spayed female of
about 6 months.  She has been kept in a small cage and is not allowed out to
run very often.  She has been on a diet of generic cat food ever since she
was weened.  From what I have seen of her she is a biter, but not to the
point where she draws blood.  She would mostly squirm like she was trying to
get down and then bite out of frustration (or so it looked).  She is pretty
large for a female, or at least large compared to my MF male who is 1 year
old.  She has a very soft fuzzy coat and is covered in fleas, or at least
she was the last time I saw her.  I dont know anything of her origins, but I
am pretty sure she came from a private breeder here in the area.  She has
never had any shots.  She has been "smacked" around a little, so I am
curious as to the best way to train her not to bite...

So any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks
Michelle Phillips