From:
Heather Draper <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 12 Sep 2006 16:55:51 -0400
Hi my fellow ferret enthusiasts,

Our friend Shannan Skitch [log in to unmask] has encouraged me to
share with you my long distance idea on how to host a Black-Footed Ferret
Day.  For those of you who do not have the time or energy to host a sit
down dinner, you can host a long distance party or you may join mine.
If you decide that you want to host your own, contact Shannan for invites
and information on hosting your own event or follow the directions bellow
to participate in my party.

Dooks,
Heather

  --------

Hi Everyone,

September 26, 2006 is the 25th anniversary of the rediscovery of
Black-Footed Ferrets (one of the wild cousins of domesticated ferrets)
and these endangered mammals need your help.  They require a prairie
ecosystem to survive and as many of you know our prairie lands are being
decimated and converted to other uses.  Prairie Wildlife Research 501(c)
(3) tax-exempt status charity and other agencies have banded to together
in captive breeding/selective release programs to bring back the
Black-Footed Ferret population and the prairie lands that they rely on
to survive.  To this end they need donations to continue the program.
So, they have come up with a fundraiser called a Rediscovery Dinner where
guests are invited over for a home-cooked meal and bring a donation
instead of gift.  As you know I enjoy hosting parties, but that's a
little difficult as the majority of you are too far away to attend.
So, I have come up with another way of hosting this fundraiser and also
incorporating some stress relief for those participating.

I've decided to have a long distance Tea Party with stress relief
incorporated.  You may ask, "How will that work?"  Here's the details:

1. Send me an email with your desire to participate and your snail mail
address by September 20, 2006.

2. I will personally send everyone a teabag to use in our tea party
(those who do not like tea, just let me know in your email and I will
send you another beverage).  The party will be a virtual party with
everyone taking a 15 minute break to drink their tea during the day
on September 26, 2006 to celebrate Black-Footed Ferret Day.

3. As to the stress relief, I will match everyone with another
participant and they will send that individual a suggestion or item to
help relieve stress.  For example, send them a card with suggestions on
how you deal with stress or mail them some bubble bath (get creative).
Please try to make sure that your letter or package get's mailed before
the end of the month.

4. Please send me at my address:
10712 Priest Ct., Fredericksburg, VA 22407
a check made out to "Prairie Wildlife Research" by September 30, 2006.
This check is tax-deductible as allowed by law.  Also, let me know the
creative idea or gift that you came up with to help your counterpart with
stress relief and I will post that information for everyone to benefit
from our collective ideas.

Hugs,
Heather