Date:
Tue, 1 Apr 2014 15:03:31 -0500
really this is something a vet should decide but it sounds like he
needs an antibiotic probably Clavomox plus maybe something stronger
for the diarrhea like Metronidazole or flagle (sp), which they hate
but it usually works in a day or two. If you don't get to the cause
of the diarrhea, it will come right back after you finish giving the
anti-diarrhea meds - that is why I would suggest Amoxy or preferably
Clavomox. It might be also be he has Coccidi, which is naturally in
their system but can go haywire when in stress (and no telling what
causes stress, someone looked at them crooked, someone got their
favorite toy, someone won't let them into their favorite hammock but
to them it is stress). In that case though chances are your other
one would eventually come down with it too as it is "catching". Our
preferred medication for diarrhea is what we call TEMPS (itÂ’s a broad
spectrum that treats many causes including coccidi) -Sulfamethoxazole
and Trimethoprim - they don't seem to mind it so much. These would be
suggestions to ask your vet (these meds are by prescription/ or
distributed by the vet only) to see what he/she thinks about it as we
be no means are vets and even vets can't guess over the phone or in
written questions what is wrong with a ferret. Also check on the Pepto
as I am thinking they changed their formula a few years back and it
has some stuff in it now not good for ferrets.

Millie Sanders at Txferretrescue.org
with Texas Ferret Lovers Rescue and
connecting Foster homes and sanctuaries