From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 4 Oct 2004 10:02:09 EDT
I have to say that in regards to this bill, I am disappointed at several
people and the true meaning of Arnie's response.  If you read his
comment, he was telling us what we need to do in order to get the bill
passed.  No one stops to think that if had okayed the bill with the EIR
that it might have been kicked by another government force or challenged.
It sounded like Arnie was telling everyone what needs to be done so that
he can ensure the bill won't get kicked.

I was disappointed by the veto but thinking about Arnie's position, he
can't do what he wants becuase he wants to....he has others to answer to.
If he truly wasn't trying to help he would have just said, he was vetoing
the bill.  He would not have added his own personal feelings which is not
common place for a government official to state clearly that they are in
favor of what they are vetoing and then give advice on how to pass the
bill.  Now unfortunately, boycotting and whatever else we try to do to
hurt Arnie, will only push away the potentional person who might pass
the bill in the future.  All we can do is take is advice and get the
environment survey done.  It may not make sense to several people but the
point is that perhaps Arnie's Boss - is demanding that he show proof or
someone shows proof that ferrets are not bad for the environment, so
could we move on and find a way to get this survey done.

I would much like to be able to visit my family in CA and be able to
take my ferrets one day before I die.  So if what it takes is to wipe
ourselves off and start over again, then we should do just that.  So many
have worked so hard and so many people want this bill and it sucks that
CA is the way it is but to change it, we must also consider the political
side as well.  This is not something we should have expected Arnie to
just over look politically, he is a politician and as one, he must follow
govermental suit, so if politics were up to the officials opinion, where
would we be....I can tell you where, there might be les s ferrets allowed
but in other states an environmental study was done prior to the state
legalizing ferrets, so why it wasn't done in CA, i dont' know and am not
here to critize those people's efforts to legalize ferrets in CA but
getting that environmental study done is now critical so....if anyone of
you CA people need help with that....let us know on the FML so we might
help you by looking up our own state's environmental study.

[DP]