From:
Lesley Colton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Nov 2009 22:41:02 -0500
My little guy, Loki, had adrenal surgery today and seems to be doing
well (although still groggy from anesthesia). We were given Metacam
liquid in syringes to give one dose each day for 5 days. I am a "human"
nurse, who works in ICU and now the OR, so after I have looked up this
medication, I am not sure this is strong enough to keep my little dude
comfy (it is a big ole' Motrin). Don't even try to give a human (with
vocal capabilities), who has had abdominal surgery, this weak ass
stuff. Do vets give locals (marcaine, lidocaine, etc. injections)
during the surgery? I really do NOT want my baby to hurt post-op.
Any opinions, answers?

Thanks...
Lesley & Loki