From:
Sergio Juri <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Feb 1998 20:12:01 -0500
I had recently my ferret, Slick, connected to an IV pump for a few days.
This is an ER style process that guarantees hidratation, delivery of drugs,
etc into the bloodstream.  One question that was not very clear was the
right amount of fluids that should be pumped into the little ones.  Does
anybody have any comments about this?  I understand that this is not a fixed
number and depends on many factors, but what is a reasonable range?  Since
this kind of hi-tech tools are becoming more commonly available, knowledge
of this piece of information can be important, and perhaps should be
included in the various faqs, web sites, etc.

Thanks for your comments.