From:
Dale Nupp <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Jan 1998 19:21:12 -0500
I read an article in Wednesday's Phila. Inquirer newspaper that reported on
a national study about the seriousness of dog bites that was pubished in
Wednesday's Journal of the American Medical Association.  I believe I have
read here and in other places that there are published studies that exist
about the one or two serious ferret attacks in the course of human history.
The dog bite study might be helpful ammunition to those in CaCa Land and
other FFZ's who have to respond to criticizim about the vicious ferret.  If
dog bites are so bad, why arn't dogs banned and ferrets legalized.  I
recognize that there is no direct correlation between this study and
ferrets, particularly since there are more dogs in the U.S.  than ferrets
but the politicians and F&G may not be that smart.  If you want to read the
Phila.  Inquirer newspaper article, goto www.phillynews.com Then, click on
"Inquirer" at the top of the home page, then, click on "Metro" on the left
side index, then click on "W" at the too of the page, then scroll down until
you see the article.  The phillynews people keep articles on the web for a
week.  There is no actual link to the JAMA study but perhaps the academics
or MD's on this list can review the actual study to see if it might be
helpful to our cause.  Perhaps it would be helpful if people on the FML fund
a scientific study to determine the damage done to socks to see if they
should be banned from dresser drawers:o)