From:
Percy Pwood Georgia Wood <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 2 May 1999 21:30:04 -0700
There have been some really positive stories from members who have taken
their ferrets camping.  For those who don't recall these, go into the
archives and you might find camping posts.

The goal of the venture should be camping WITH the ferrets, not camping
and having to drag the ferrets along.  Preperations that are made with the
ferrets needs always formost, will result in a well planned and fun trip.

We hope to take the ferrets camping ourselves this year, but we are
motorhomers, not tent campers, and it's not quite the same.  What we use is
a very large carrier, and it and all the supplies fit in the cab-over area.
Food, water to last the entire trip, bedding, wood stove pellets, scoop,
ferretone - the list goes on.  Harnesses with bells, the big water crock
because jiggling bottles quickly empty themselves.  A 6 inch deep crock
with 2 inches of water is very secure, and the weight of the crock prevents
it from being tipped.

Happy camping!

Georgia-the left coast one...