From:
Dave Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 10 Nov 1996 18:35:23 -0500
>From:    UNCLE SHAWN <[log in to unmask]>
>I have a question, I have had my female sable Chase for a little over a year
>and I am considering getting another female from a friend.  Is there any
>reason why the two might not get along? ...

Hi Shawn,

I really don't believe you have much to worry about.  If the new ferret is a
small kit, then you may just want to supervise closely in the beginning to
make sure all goes well.  We have six ferrets, and have had good luck
combining them.  We did adopt an older ferret from a shelter, and have him
segregated now in a cage by himself with the cage right next to the main
cage.  I will keep him separated for a few more days and then introduce him
to the clan.  I am doing this only because he is 3 years old and may need a
little time to acclamate to the new surroundings, people and playmates.

Good Luck!

Dave Smith
Life Member, National Rifle Association
http://kode.net/~dsmith