Date:
Fri, 8 Nov 2002 07:58:54 -0700
From Caity:
>...They are my babies and I am responsible for their lives....

In this one sentence, "my" doesn't apply to the ownership of another
living being - it applies to stewardship.  If everyone thought this way,
there would be lots fewer problems, and I would never have to come out of
my hole to post about anything.  Impulse buy a hat, or a car, or a CD, or
any other inanimate object - just not something that breathes.

And if you already own many ferrets and get the impulse to buy another
one "just cuz" or "because it was meant to be", as a new-found friend of
mine says, "go clean out some cages - the urge will pass".

Good job, Caity.  My hats off to you, and to all the others who think
like you do.  Your heaven will be one of fur and dancing.

Roary
crawling back in his hole in
Albuquerque, NM