Date:
Tue, 1 Mar 2005 08:49:46 -0500
Master Largo's News
March 2005 News

Reporter Andy
Cub-reporter Ziggy

Psst psst Ziggy you gonna tell on mum?  You gonna tell everyone what is
going on with mum?

NO!  You tell!  I am not going to tell so I get into trouble with mum;
just cause you want to be a tattle tale!

Come on Zig you can tell!

NO!  You want them humans to know and you want to be a tattle tale on
mum; you go right a head!  You is just trying to get me into trouble and
kicked off being a cub reporter!

Oh okay!  Fine!  Be that way!!  I is going to tell them humans cuz they
needs to know mum is sick.  Well not sick sick but sick.  Okay let me
splain.  Some of you guys might remember last June at clinic time mum's
face was all red and blotchy?  Well mum thought it was just stress; you
know how she does the melt down thing in June.  Well it is NOT!  Mum has
developed an allergy to food, YUP food, in the past few months mum has
been to a G.P, dermatologist, and allergist, and she can't eat nothing,
you should see the list she has on the fridge of the things that has made
her sick.  She has been living on her own home made rice pudding, ice
water and coffee.  Every time she puts anything else in her mouth her
face gets all red hot and itchy and she gets bumps all over her body.
Depending on what it is depends on how bad it gets.  Anyway Aunt Ret has
been trying to help mum figure out what mum CAN eat, she has been doing
research for mum.  So anyway I know mum is gong to be mad I told, but
some of you's has wanted to take mum to dinner, or has brought her food
to eat and she can't eat it without getten sick.  The doctors' gaved her
medicine to take but some she can't take cuz it makes her asthma bad and
some makes her sleep so she can not take care of us guys and some she can
not take when she is working cuz it makes her goofy so she can not drive
the big yellow thing.  So until she can figure out what to do she can not
eat real food anymore.  There See Ziggy that didn't hurt!

Maybe; maybe not; just wait till mum gets her hands on you and we will
see if it hurts!  She may be striping you of some fur strand by strand!
Now Look Mr. Bossy, Mr Tattle Tale smarty fuzz butt Andy you has told but
now mum is going to really be mad, really mad at YOU!  Get working on the
news now!  I want my turn and can't do my job till you do yours!

Okay; Andy here... I have the news: We has had lots of campers come in
the last month.  Olsen, Powers and Miss DAK was here at camp and gone
already.  Robinson, Deutsch and Atwell are here now.  The Greenburg kids
are still here too.  Nyxa was sick so mum called Aunt Mary; she tolds mum
how to fix her up, she is all better now!  Thanks Aunt Mary!  Mum could
not fix Slinka she went to Rainbow bridge on 2/11/05 she was borned in
1999 and Oscar left for the bridge on 2/17/05 he was borned in 1998.  Mum
says we have lots and lots of old, sick permanent shelter kids that may
have to leave us for Rainbow Bridge to meet that Master Largo and Mr.
Bones.

Miss Jill camed on Sunday to paint one of our play rooms, Miss Donna came
Monday to do the second coat in the same room, then she scrubbed the
Delilah foot prints off the floor.  Miss Delilah wanted to help only she
made a mess.  Miss Cathy camed Thursday to help mum, she stripped all
our toy boxes, toys and tents out of the big play room and scrubbed the
floor, mum washed all the things that could be washed.  Good thing too;
because our washer chine died right after that now mum has no way to
make our stuffs clean.  Mum says we is gonna has to have a washer chine
campaign to gets us a new one, cuz the repair man says there is NO MORE
FIXEN this one!!!  So watch for the washer campaign coming out soon!
Miss Stacie camed Friday she found some fleas on me and that Oscar III
kid so she helped mum put flea meds on all us kids, she and mum did us
all up good to stop the fleas!  Mum found her favorite pretzels hanging
on the store door, them special kind that Master Largo use to complain
that mum would not share with him, anyway they is from Miss Jessica and
Miss Cindy, MUM says thanks!!!!  Nichole and Rachael camed in on Sunday
to help, Rachael stripped the play pen and scrubbed that floor, Mum can't
wash the things that were in there yet, but it is put back together
anyway.  Nichole helped mum clean up Angel and Lucy's cage; it needed
to be tooks down to take the base off, then they changed all the splash
guards (really towels on the backs of the cages so no poop hits the
walls) but anyway they gots that all done=85 Aunt Sis made mum goes to
the hospital for her blood tests she had to go with mum to make sure mum
really went.  Mum don't like to go anyplace and going to get hurt sticks
for tests is no different!  Them humans took 11 vials of blood out of
mum!  Man that is lots.  Any way thanks everybody you sure did help our
mum lots!  Oh Oh them cousins of ours the Pike kids, they has been doing
real good service letters to make sure our cousins that live all over
can be safe!  Good Job you guys!

Hey Andy!  You gots lots of hot air this month, I want a turn will you
let me do some news now?  Hi Ziggy here... I have some news to tell too!
Phew that Andy sure does know how to go on and on huh?  Mum says she is
going to close her ebay store down; she is slowly taking things off and
putting them on her web page.  Mum says Ebay is taking too much money,
she has to pass that on to her customers and she thinks it is not fair.
So when you guys need stuffs go to the web site instead cause then the
shipping and handling will be better for you.  It will be a while longer
before the ebay store is all gone, because mum is moving them as they
come up for re-listing then she takes them off before they are re-listed.
She is trying to keep the ferrets stuffs she has in the store at good
prices and she can if she just uses the web site.  Now I am going to tell
you about the symposium, all the fun stuff that is going to happen that
weekend.  Hee hee I gets to tell about the symposium.  Ha ha Andy I gets
to tell about important stuffs like the Symposium.

VOLUNTEERS NEEDED - We are looking for volunteers to 'work' at the
symposium.  The jobs involve selling raffles, selling tee shirts and
helping vendors if they need a quick break.  The shifts last about
1/2 hour and you will be paired with a partner.  You will not be
overworked :-).  For those of you planning on coming early (Thursday)
we would be most appreciative if you could help us with stuffing goodie
bags and setting up the raffle tables.  Anyone wanting their flyers in
the goodie bags should contact Francine Prager for a mailing address.

Please contact Francine Prager at [log in to unmask] for more details.

RAFFLES - There will be tons of raffles, so save your fingers and bring
those address labels you get in the mail that are collecting dust; so you
can use them on the back of all the tickets you are going to have the
opportunity to buy.

TABLE TOPICS - Do you have a topic that is near and dear to your heart
that you'd like to share with others?  Planning on attending the
symposium?  We are currently seeking host and hostesses for our Table
Topics Luncheon.  If you're planning on being is St Louis, and you'd like
to share you knowledge with others - or just have a special topic you'd
like to talk about, please contact Alicia Drakiotes at
[log in to unmask] .  There are limited numbers of tables available
so please, contact Alicia right away if you're interested.

SHELTER WORKSHOP- this workshop, for shelter Moms or Dads, is a limited
attendance event - by invitation.  It provides shelter workshop/pizza
supper, while shelter folks gain support from one another .  At this
event, which is designed for attendees who run shelters, we will deal
with many issues that stem from being away from those in your care.
Topics will include- networking, separation anxiety, benefits of
education and deterring shelter burnout among others.  There will also
be some general Q&A opportunities.  If you are a shelter operator, and
have registered for the symposium, someone will be contacting you soon.
Hosted by Alicia Drakiotes

CELEBRITY AUCTION - This auction will take place during the reception
Saturday evening; it will be a silent auction featuring items donated
by the speakers.  All items donated by each of our speakers will be
auctioned off to the highest bidder.

ZOO TRIP - Tickets must be purchased in advance for this special trip and
will be available on a first come first serve basis.  The cost should be
under $10.00.  For those of you needing this information to make your
travel plans, we will depart the hotel at 1 pm.  The zoo closes at 5 pm
so we should be back at the hotel by 6 pm - Complete details to be
announced in the near future.  There is a tentative schedule online,
http://ferretcongress.org

Okay, we has to go for this letter.  Mum says this is way too long.

So signing off for Now.

Until Next Month;
Andy Senior reporter
Ziggy Cub-reporter