From:
Lynn Siegel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 25 Sep 1999 20:30:28 -0400
Something strange, (to me) happened a little while back when I let my 4
kits integrate with 2 adult males.  In the group of 4 there are 2 whole
boys & 2 males from MF's.  One of the 2 adults I had thought would try to
kill the kits because that was his (Sam's) attitude towards the other
adults except for his life long buddy Max.  I had been trying to keep the
kits from these 2 but this one day they out maneuvered me & got into the
bathroom.  They ran all over Sam who was sleeping & woke him up & I am
thinking there will be blood all over the place.  Strangely enough Sam
just looked perplexed & then decided to investigate them.  Didn't raise a
whisker towards them.  That was strange enough but what happened next had
me standing there with my mouth wide open.

They found Max who was asleep in his box & woke him up.  Then one of the
whole boys laid down flat & was very quiet for a few minutes.  Then he got
up & started rubbing his face & the side of his body along Max.  He kept
this up for a few minutes & then laid quiet next to him for a few more
minutes.  By this time his brother found them & he did the same thing with
Max!  Rubbed himself on Max & laid quiet next to him.  Then they were both
rubbing on him & next to him.  They are not 4 months old yet & it didn't
look like anything sexual, but what in the heck were they doing?  They have
never done this with any of the other males & the 2 MF"s kits didn't do
this.  I should say that both Max & Sam are MF's boys so are neutered.

Has anyone seen this kind of behavior before or does anyone know why the
kits did that?  I am just curious.

Many Thanks
lrs