From:
Darren Carfano <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 Jul 1998 10:33:00 EDT
Okay.  I read about ferret proofing and know exactly what to plug up and get
rid of.  (Then once i get the fuzzy, i will be dumbfounded as to all the
places I missed ;-)...Now, here's the deal.  I could give the ferret a
TOTALLY ferretproofed room, however its a pretty bland room...ill give it
20' by 5'.  I may be understating it, but I think it's enough room for cage,
play (by himself and with me), and a few toys.  BUT IT'S SUCH A BORING ROOM.
I'm just afraid I will be depriving it of its natural curious tendencies.

I could however, give it a nice big room to play in, HOWEVER...i do have a
death trap...(guessed already?...yup..recliner.....(everyone can stop
gasping now!).  It's not something we can simply get rid of.  But I have
heard of preventative actions so that he wont be harmed by it.  One
suggestion was to get a big canvas bag and put it over the recliner and tie
it shut so the mechanism is not accessable at all.  Would anyone know where
I could get something like that?

I'd feel safer with him in the small room, but I don't want to bore him.  I
would play with him 2 hrs a day, but again, I'm just curious.

Private E-mail is preferable for now, since I will be on vacation and it'll
be easier to read mail than to scroll down 7 days worth of FML.

Thanks so much,

Darren