Date:
Wed, 24 Nov 1999 00:19:18 +0000
As many of you know..  i am only a lurker on the FML.  I rarely post unless
something either really intrests me, irritates me, or something kewl really
happens.  I am also friends with Kym Zorn, who i met right here on the FML
and she helped me by adopting my baby Tink to me.  I read her article
yesterday, and have to say GO KYM.  Being that i am only an observer, i
find it very irritating all the flaming and the fact that someone would go
to the extent to tell someone to get an abortion so they could keep the
ferret!  THATS REDICULOUS!  (god forbid i say this but) why not put the
ferrets to sleep??  isn't that the same as aborting the baby??  (we ferret
people should band together and help Mia out not bash her!) And you know
what??  I think that all this flaming makes our FML look horrible..  it
turns off new comers and i feel like everyone should step back and re-think
what you say.  No one wants to post something if they are going to get
flamed!  The FML has taught me alot and i feel it should ENCOURAGE people
to come and read and learn and not get flamed..  not everyone know's
everything about ferrets (or any animal for that fact) encourage LEARNING
not knocking people down because they don't know..obviously they want to
know if they are here!

As for Kym's Shelter.... It is GREAT that she volunteers her time and
money into taking in ferrets that are neglected or sick (i have one of the
neglects who is a VERY loving ferret) and placing them with the right
people.  I think more area's need people who volunteer their time and
efforts to help ferrets.  Yes many ferrets do meet bad fates..  but because
of her..  i know of at least 12 (her 11 and one of mine)sweet little
critters that have a WONDERFUL home and i know we've talked about several
others.  those are 12 that could have met worse fates!  Kym is even
generous enough to take my ferrets for this week while i fly back home to
Maine to visit my family for Thanksgiving.  Unfortunatly it cost too much
to fly my kids back with me.  I will miss them but i'm sure both of them
will have more fun with their 11 cousins.  I'm so glad to have kym as my
friend and i'm so glad for the FML who helped us meet one another.  I
hope more Newbies will meet one another and have good experiences here.
anyhow..  i must run..  i have to get up at 4:00am to catch my flight
home....

Hope you all have a Wonderful Thanksgiving and i hope everyone will
consider what i've said about trying harder to encourage questions rather
then discourage them... communication is the key to a better world!

Hillary, Tinkerbell, and Kabuki

[Moderator's note: I can't help but point out that Mia was not flamed on
the FML -- the only place we heard about 3 people telling Mia to get an
abortion was from Mia herself.  Now I'm not debating that flames were
received, but we've never actually seen them -- how were they phrased?  Was
there a misunderstanding?  Was one nasty jerk sending messages from several
e-mail addresses?  (This is by far the most likely scenario to me.)

Time and time again we have seen the generosity and kindness of FML
subscribers.  Yet lately I've received many reports of ridiculous flames
being received privately.  These flames have not been forwarded to me so
I have no idea if this is one person or several nor what, if any, pattern
exists.  Let's not allow what is probably one person spoil the FML for
everyone -- this sick person seems to flame for the "delight" of it.  The
opinions expressed in such a manner hold no significance by my standards.
I hope they will not be taken seriously by anyone else either.  BIG]