From:
Mary Conley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Oct 2002 02:07:31 EDT
Hello all ~

I always like to involve a vet, or a doctor in my patients' care.  It
struck me earlier that a lot of vets are just coming into knowledge about
herbs.  Here are a few references you can give them in the order of my
preference:

Tilford, Mary Wulff.  Herbs for Pets.  Ca:  Bow-Tie Press, 1999.
(Mary was on the Homeopathy list with me.  She took years to do this
beautiful book.  I use it as a general herb/pet guide.)

Puotinen, C. J.  The Encyclopedia of Natural Pet Care.  Ct: Keats, 1997.

Pitcarin, Richard H.  Natural Health for Dogs & Cats.  Pa: Rodale Press,
1995.

Online resource site:

(This is a teaching site about alternative medicine.  The owner is a
shamin, and if you can get past the astrology and numerology etc, to
herbs, I have a lot of articles on there.  Dr. Eileen Nauman, (the owner)
is a Board Certified Homeopath, who has published 'Poisons that Heal,"
and also does research in Flower Essences).

www.medicinegarden.com. (to see a pic of me go to 'faculty')

I mention these books and sites only to those who may be seriously
considering using herbs.  Please do not do so, unless you are under the
guidance of a natural health practitioner.  We are working on a site/list
to make practitioners available in all 50 states.

Warmly ~
Mary

Herbalist
The Conley Farm - organic herbs