From:
Barbara Gustafson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 Mar 1998 18:59:40 -0700
We recently received a surrender at our society which had a growth on top of
the skin of her neck.  It was about the size of a grape with a black crusty
surface.  It was removed by one of our vets and has been diagnosed as a
fibro sarcoma.  According to the test its potentially malignant and may
return.

What I'm not clear on is does this mean it will grow back in the same
location, or does it mean that like lymphosarcomo that it will continue to
spread and her prognosis is grim, or does it mean that it might never come
back at all and she could live a long and healthy live.

Nipper (who is anything but) is one of the most gentle ferrets I've had the
honor of meeting.  She is a sweet gentle fert and we'd sure like to be
clear on just what her chances for the future are?

Fertfully yours
Barb Gustafson (aka Boots)
Alberta Ferret Society