From:
Ann Phillips <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 9 Nov 1997 13:06:54 -0500
Yes I cross-posted this to both the Ferret forum and the FML :) I have no
excuse, except that I'm excited!

Yesterday we took in our first shelter ferret.  Currently LGWNN, (Little
Girl With No Name) she is a sweet little sable girl, probably somewhere
around a year old.  She was dumped at the shelter with some health problems
that have been resolved.

What a sweet ferret!  LGWNN is very happy to sit in a lap and closes her
eyes with an expression of pure pleasure when getting ear rubs.  She also is
very playful and danced with 10 minutes of her arrival with joy at her cozy
new home - good toys!

Her biggest challenge is dealing with the Fab 4 - They are fine with her,
and would like to play, but she feels a little threatened by them.  I'm
pretty sure she was handled a lot by people, but didn't know she was a
ferret until she entered a shelter.  She is curious, but the fab 4's forward
ways are a bit threatening.  She makes a ton of noise when they get too
close.  Kind of like kids, "Moooommm she is touching me!!!!" Right now they
are getting supervised contact and seperate play times.

I hope that she can be as well socialized as the Fab 4, they go to lots of
ferret events and have ferrets over to play pretty frequently.  They think
other ferrets exist for their entertainment only!

What I also find interesting is the physical difference.  The fab 4 are from
3 different litters from Treasured Ferrets, LGWNN is very obviously a farm
ferret with a single ear dot.  Her head shape is very different, much longer
and her body type, while similiar to Eris and Massey (long lean ferrets) is
proportioned a little differently.  Still she is beautiful with a nice mask,
dainty feet and a freckled nose.

Our thanks to the nice folks at Ferretwise who worked to match up this
precious little cast-off with our happy home :)

Ann

Eris, Massey, Sluggo, Little Iodine and a hopefully soon to be named
little girl!