From:
Amy Seyler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 28 Feb 1997 10:45:52 -0500
I've had ferrets for 8 years.  Right now I'm almost 8 months pregnant with
our first child.  The only things you really need to be concerned about is
litter pan cleaning, which the hubby should do because of the slight risk of
toxoplasmosis.  (I've been exposed already so I didn't worry about it.)

However, there are a couple of other areas that no one ever warned me about
that I have discovered on my own.  As your friend gets larger and can no
longer see her feet, she runs an increased risk of punting, stepping on, and
inadvertently whacking her fuzzy.  She just needs to be aware of it.  Also,
getting up from the floor after a playing session can be a bit tricky.

As far as ferrets and newborns, LIKE ALL OTHER ANIMALS, STRICT PARENTAL
SUPERVISION MUST BE ENFORCED!!!!!  In other words, if your friend can't
watch both baby and fuzzy together at the same time, baby's room needs to be
closed off or fuzzy needs to be caged.  We plan on doing an equal amount of
both.

But you know, the ferrets were here first :)....

Amy & Dave (and their gaggle of giggling ferrets)
RIP Ian and Elektra