From:
Cindy Scheidt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 18 Mar 2007 10:55:34 -0400
First of all, I would like to thank all those that have helped me so
much regarding the raffle, etc to raise funds for the ferrets in need
from the McKay Farm.

My 14 ferrets are wondering where mom & dad have disappeared to but
they are really in good hands until we can get back home.

For all those who have emailed me about Tony Scheidt, this seems the
quickest way to go at the present time.

Latest status on Tony

Things have really not changed much.

He is still on a ventilator.

They are attempting to reduce 50 lbs of water weight that he has in
his body.

His levels, seem to be unstable.

Heart has problems from time to time

Have him on all sorts of IV's including some broad spectrum
antibiotics.

Chest films are done each day, as his left lung seems to be compromised
and the right one is where he had a cancerous tumor removed 4 years ago
prior to his bone marrow transplant 3 years ago.

He was diagnosed with non-hodgkin lymphoma approximately 4 1/2 years
ago at the age of 35.

He needs another bone marrow transplant but MD Anderson Cancer Hospital
is unable to accept him as long as he is on a ventilator and in this
condition. They have contacted his bone marrow donor, who is from the
country of France and he is willing to donate again to Tony.

I know this is not extremely informative but since we have been here,
there really has not been many changes, well at least not on the
positive side.

We arrived here on Thursday, March 8 after receiving a call from the
hospital that Tony was in ICU in critical condition.

We are still here on Andrews Air Force Base at the Fisher House and
driving to Walter Reed Medical Hospital where Tony remains in ICU.

Many have asked as to what they can do for him, us, etc and the bottom
line is PRAYERS.

Please include him in your prayers,
Cindy & Tom Scheidt