From:
Margaret Wilton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 Aug 1998 01:06:44 EDT
My very first rescuer is one I can't forget for two reasons.  One because I
was so excited about seeing new ferrets and second because it was one of the
funniest pickup I've ever done.  I get a call from Mr. Phillips one morning
asking me if I'd mind going to Monterey to pickup 5 ferrets from the
wildlife center.  Me!  Mind?  Heck no I'd love too.  I couldn't get dressed
fast enough and I was out the door.  It was just me and my chevy truck (with
air- conditions).  About two hours later I was introduced to the lady who
had been taking care of them.  After all the paperwork was done, we went to
the back room and there they were all sables.  4 males and 1 female.  I
started laughing I couldn't believe what I was seeing, their was a green
one, a blue one, a yellow one, a red one and a purple one.  I asked the
woman why the colors and said "so that we could tell them apart." Now how
many times have we heard from our friends, "how can you tell them apart."
Thank God I can tell mine apart!  I'd run out of colors.  As you all know
not all rescues come with a name, as did these five.  But they did come with
colors, so I named them and Mr.Green,Mr.Blue and Mr.Yellow and Ms. Red and
the purple one was named Hoppy.  Hoppy was the oldest one in the group.  He
didn't walk like a ferret he hopped like a rabbit and that's why he was
called Hoppy.  So my fellow FML'er, HERE'S TO MEMORIES

Margaret