From:
sukie crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Jun 2005 13:23:27 -0400
>Are there any research programs dedicated to finding a vaccine for ECE?
>I would personally feel good about donating to this.

ECE is one of the ferret diseases currently being studied by Dr. Matti
Kiupel.  He is also studying DIM and the IFC recently provided a grant to
help with that work.  It is hard to get grants for ferret health studies
partly because the ferret community donates only a small amount to
advancing ferret medical knowledge.  Pretty much each time the Morris
Animal Foundation has funded a ferret health study at least some of the
money had to come from the general fund due to this shortfall in
donations.

If you want to send donations to Dr. Kiupel:

Michigan State University
Department of Pathobiology and Diagnostic Investigations
Diagnostic Center for Population and Animal Health
4125 Beaumont Road, Room 152A
Lansing, MI 48910

I do not know the current state of ECE research; if it is still on- going
slowly as money becomes available, if it has a grant right now, or what.