From:
Erin Hanson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 Nov 1996 09:19:05 -0800
Just thought I'd share this new idea with you...
If any of you are having trouble getting your ferrets to use their litter
boxes then you can appreciate this.  I have two girls and one of them always
uses her box, the other one is a different story.  She will move the litter
box away from the corner and go behind it, or on a higher level above the
litter box.  I had tried everything, spraying ferret off in the corners
where she goes, spraying bitter apple in the corners where she goes,
rewarding her with ferretone when she would go in the box (very rarely), and
I would continually push the box back into the corner after she had moved
it.  So this time when I cleaned out the cage I came up with an idea... I
punched holes into the corners of the cage, the top and the two sides and I
wired it into the corner.  So far, (it's been two days), there has been no
accidents in the corner and I am very, very happy!!!!  :)