From:
Monica King <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 23 Oct 1998 10:33:43 -0400
I was reading the article for Kathy and her news ferrets.  I just wanted
to add my two cents worth.  When I first got my ferret (Bandit, I know not
very original but it fits) I used a product called yesterdays news.  Its
old newspaper compressed into a tiny pellet form.  It comes in lemon
scented as well.  I have been having a hard time finding it again and had
to go to regular litter.  Within a day of changing my little darling's
droppings it smelled so bad, I also have a bunny (don't worry they are
never out at the same time) and I used the same stuff for her.  I was
changing their litter practically everyday, I don't know about anyone else
but I go to college full time and work 25-30 hours a week I just didn't
have time or money for this.  The other good thing about getting the
newspaper in this copressed form is that it doesn't get the ink all over
their fur.  Its not a really cheap product, I mix it with some generic low
dust non-clumping litter and in the end though it does wind up being not to
terribly expensive.  If anyone is interested in knowing how to get some in
their area please email me.  I don't get the chance to read the newsletter
as much as I would like to so please don't leave me any messages in there.
Sides when he starts digging in the litter pan its not as nerve racking.

Lots of Love and little kisses (Bandit & Monica)