From:
Ron Knipple <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 25 Dec 2000 10:27:16 EST
Well I finally have found the time in between three fuzz faces and one
yellow lab to sit down, try to catch up on my reading on the list and maybe
post.  Of course one of the first things that I see is the terrible tragedy
of the ferrets whos owner died.  Actually for the ferrets, it was better in
the long run.  Kudos to the people who have put all of the time and effort
into saving these little faces.  Your hearts run pure and are full of love.
On the other hand it is Christmas day and still I see much bickering going
on again.  I am starting to think the list is becoming a place where people
belittle one another and less of a list of people interested in the welfare
of an animal.  I heard, he said, she said, should all be stopped from the
list.  4 people that are in fear of retaliation.  Make it sound like war or
politics neither do many people like.  If they are grown-ups and feel that
strongly about it then let them speak for themselves.  I dont post often or
talk to many people on a regular basis on ths list with the exception of
Kat whom I have talked with a few times through email and not recently ( Hi
Kat ) but have alot of respect and love for everyone.  It just seems that
alot of people use this board either to get attention or to stroke their
own egos.  Nasty comments and rude emails are best kept to yourselves and
not even posted on the board.  I myself was ready to have it stopped being
delivered when there was the big "gay" debate.  And have also been engaged
in the nasty email exchange and have decided that this is not the place.
But My ferrets well being was more important to me.  Helpful advise and
warm wishes are what we should find on here every day.  We live in a world
were cruelty seems abundant.  Wouldn't it be nice if we could open this
list every day and see nothing but love and concern for each other.  This
is the time of year people make amends and forget the past.  If we put half
of the energy that we waste on bickering and arguments into the welfare of
the ferrets, just think of what we could accomplish for them.

Warm holiday wishes from my "fuzzy" household to yours.
Piko, Ghengus, Loki,
Matt and Ron