From:
Gerri Himberger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 Apr 2006 05:45:29 -0700
This is truly an amazing tale... Little Miss Maggie (aka MiMi, Maggie
Malone, Maggie Pants) has had no hair for two years.  Okay a few wisps
on her face and legs.  Other than that, totally bald.  Warm cream rubs
twice a day have been part of her routine for all this time.  For a
number of reasons, she is not a surgical candidate, so it has been
medical management for Maggie- Lupron, oral Melatonin, Drenamin, Cream
rubs, and Kisses.  MiMi is 7 years old.  We had a Melatonin implant put
in 3 weeks ago.  The vet was all excited- said she could get her hair
back.  I laughed- figured those follicles were dead by now, and secretly,
bald ferrets are really good for kissing:-) BUT...low and behold... her
hair IS coming back in.  Her belly, hindquarters, head, shoulders, and
neck all have peach fuzz.  Her back is still bald- that may not come
back.  I forgot she is a Silver, not a Pink:-)  She is very itchy.  We
love our Maggie.

Gerri