From:
Kat Curran <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 1 Dec 2000 11:09:16 -0800
Greetings to everyone out in Fuzzy land!
First I would like to send my heart to those with sick fuzzies, or those
who have had a fuzzy loss, I am truly sorry.

A few weeks ago, my husband, son & I decided that our little 8 month old
Sebastian needed a playmate.  So I kept my eyes peeled and watched the
list, and then Kim posted about the shelter in Olympia, Wa.

So I called her and we talked for awhile.  She said that they had some
ferrets that were in need of adoption, incidentally, they still had 2, and
now 3 up for adoption.  (presently) So we were all set to go see fuzzbutts
the monday following Turket Day.

When we finally went, we were heart broken because the 2 that were
available at the time would not go well either with Sebastian or my 4 1/2
year old son... And then just last night... we got a bug and went to
Petco.  and they seemed to have just gotten a shipment of fuzzbutts in, but
were being quarantined until this morning.  =( We were bummed out since
we've never seen that many ferrets all at once!  Even when we first got
Sebastian, he was 1 of 3 there at Petco.  for us to choose from, but we
immediately knew it was him that we wanted.  Sebastian was going nuts since
he hadn't seen a ferret since his adoption and we had to console him and
let him know we were looking!

And then we get home, message on the answering machine.... I check it and
what do you know?!  It was Kim, the lady in which I had been talking to
about adopting a playmate for Sebastian!

To make an already long story longer, we went to her house and instead of
coming home with 1 buddy for Sebastian, we came home with 2!  =D

They are very sweet!  First thing I did was make a HUGE hammock for them to
sleep in (Samson & China), since one that we brought home is a "Baby Huey"
named Samson.  And the other fuzzy is a girl named China, although since
her name was flexible, I'm thinking of renaming her to Fur-ry Elise.  =)

To say the least we are VERY happy and couldn't have asked for a better
turnout!  Sebastian is beside himself and is running around keeping the
peace and order in the house while the other 2 are still exploring the new
grounds!

And I believe this is Ferret math?  I sure had the fever!  HAHAHA!  I want
to thank Kim VERY much for these wonderful new additions!  They fit in very
well and we are all very happy.

It wasn't just coincidence that Petco.  had those kits quarantined (sp?) it
was fate that we stop over to Kims house!  =)

And I also want to say to the person that thought of and the person that
created the Ferret Xmas Giving Tree, Good Job!  I will be definitely
stopping by!  =) (I can finally say this...)

Dooks To Everyone!
~Kat, Sebastian, Samson & Fur-ry Elise !!!!!!