From:
Vikki Mick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Oct 1997 22:18:11 -0400
Hi Everyone,
Thought you might like to know how my group of rescues from Robins is doing.
Margjie contacted me and we set up a time and place (about halfway for both
of us) On our first trip we came home with 9 girls and a young guy that had
been given up.  Boy did we get a selection of colors!  LOL We chatted with
Margie for a few moments made the transferr and headed home.  The litte boy
has been someones delight as he was fat ,sassy, and a total love.  He just
moved right into our home and hearts .  The girls were shy of us but not bad
biters they just haven't been given any attention.  They were given 2 rooms
of their own and allowed to run free .  The first 3 days they went berzerk.
I had cut holes in moniter boxes and put blanketsin for them.  They all
slept together at first comfort in numbers and they dived for cover if you
walked into the rooms.  All 4 2-story cages werefilled with blankets, food &
water and left open ( they are sleeping in them often now) but paniced if we
locked the doors at first .  All have recieved names had nail and ears
cleaned.  No Baths yet though.  A few are still a bit shy but will come for
treats and most of the nipping has stopped!  When we get up in the morning
and go to the kitchen it starts ou quite and then you turn around and there
are 6 (or more!  )that have lined up to help with whatever you are doing.
LOL 3 will now beg to be picked up so they can have a treat.  Shots have
been started and spaying will follow.

A BIG THANK YOU to all who sent gifts for them.  We met Margie a second time
to pick up a huge box of items and a little girl that had been left at the
ferret setters for 4 months and did not return to get her.  We think she may
be from Robins also as the setter was told she came from a ferret farm in
the area.  the gifts we recieved were: Lovely hand sown sleep sacks with fur
linings ( They love these) towels , baby pjs & blankets to suggle in totally
ferret, ferretvite & ferret treats Latex gariffes& balls ,baby rattles
,basket toy ,pratice golf balls cat balls and a foam bone, latex hedgehog &
mouse with fleece stuff toys : lamb ,three kinds of bears, 2 rabbits and a
lion and on top of all this here came a big box this week from Allie Cats
stuffed with sleepsacks and a fur ( fake ) lined bed that the cat and
ferrets have been fueding over!  Hope I haven't forgotten anything.

Oh yes, we took all the toys and piled them up in the middle of the kitchen
floor and called everyone.  At first they acted as though they weren't
interested ,but one by one the pile dissapeared to each on hidey hole.  They
worked a whole day trying to stuff the lamb and one of the med.  size
rabbits behind a bookshelf!  Will keep you posted as they progress.

theives haven
vikki mick