From:
Robynn McCarthy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 Nov 1999 13:58:41 -0500
The only place outside of the cage that my herd like to go is of course, in
the corner behind the door of their room.  I tried just about everything
and finally came up with a solution that has made life Soooooooo much
better for all of us.  I took the silly door OFF the hinges and put it in
storage.  I put up a sliding Plexiglas barrier instead, and put a litter
pan in the popular corner.  I bought two of Wal-Mart's cheap cat litter
pans that are $2 a piece, cut down the fronts to match so that they would
nest inside each other.  I nailed the bottom pan to the floor, and then set
the top one in and added the litter.  I can take the top pan out for easy
cleaning, but as hard as they try no ferret can budge the litter pan from
it's spot.

It's been a few months now, and I'm happy to say everyone has been 100%
with the litter box in and out of the cage since then.  Even if they are
playing downstairs, they will run upstairs to use the pan.  I don't exactly
understand why, but I'm NOT going to complain.

Best of luck,
Robynn and the Four Ferrets of the Apocalypse