From:
dfrazier <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Nov 1998 04:05:33 -0500
Hi Everyone...

Paige posted a piece last evening about her new fuzzy she has named Hershey
Noel..  Some of you may remember this special little fellows story about a
year ago..  If you match one raging two hundred pound woman with one 4 lb
ferret you get one severely battered and endangered ferret.  I posted his
story..  My first real rescue at my new home out here in VA.  Later you all
helped name him..  It was the holidays..  and we finally arrived at Felipe
for Feliz Navidad and Pepe' combined and Noel for his being such a ray of
great Joy.  He was the best behaved and most gentle of ferrets..  thru all
the battering and then being thrown out in the freezing rain to die and
later being treated and nursed thru his hurts and recovery..  he never
lifted claw of fang..  not to defend himself from that terrible beating nor
to ward off the treatment that hurt even as it healed..  He was alone all
his life..  and although he played some with the others he preferred to
sleep alone here..  to have his own things..  to be held and cuddled and to
play blanket tag and some of the more gentle games..  he sometimes when
very happy and content and very quiet..  would mutter or almost whisper
dook in your ear as he snoozed..  He took to Page immediately and gave her
little kisses and made it clear he was in no way inclined to get down or go
back to his things and so on..  Paige needed a fuzzy that would not be too
intrusive cause she has a SO that was not too keen on the pet thing..  and
he has good responsible children who needed to get to know ferrets without
there being problems that would create other troubles in a tranquil home..
then there was the need for him to go to work with her..  and be good in a
geology lab..  that's a rock hounds dream vacation..  and most fuzzies
would be totally nuts in there..  he had to tolerate prolonged times of
being leashed as she did not want to cage him at work but he had to be
controlled..  and no cord biting..  and well mannered around strangers..
calm and able to amuse himself..  after all a single fuzzy was a new
addition to the family and a second fuzzy was not going to happen for a
long time if ever..  but she has great fuzzy folks for friends so Hershey
will have visits and play times.  Paige did not go into her adoption of
Hershey looking thru some sort of hopeful rose colored glasses..  she went
into it wide eyed and aware of what was needed and no fudging or hoping to
get by with less than what was really required in her ferret... Now finding
such a fuzzy was as most of you know..  asking a whole lot..  this was
gonna be one rare fuzzbutt..  but it was right and a good thing for all or
not at all..  she would not 'settle' for problems she had to hope would
work out later..  that was not fair to her, the family or the ferret.

So when I got the e-mail and reviewed the requirements..  I thought about
it pretty hard..  and then it hit me..  Felipe Noel was exactly what she
needed..  fit everything to a T..  and I wrote her and asked her to come
see him and see if he was for her and she for him..  and the rest as they
say is history..  This is a very special little fur kid to me in many ways
and I could not have found a better Mommie for him if I had looked forever
and a day..  He will settle in... and when the 'coming winter syndrome'
wears off a little more he will get his play button working better and
longer..  but he will always be a calm, well behaved, and gentle ferret..
and I must hand it to Paige.  on the way home from adopting him she
collided with a deer that came from nowhere onto the highway and destroyed
her little truck..  she told me about it.  and the first thing she said..
was Hershey and I were belted in real good so were ok..  so they had a new
home..  and a car crash..  a new family..  being tossed all over and I am
sure shocked but good in the crash, a job place to learn about, and new
home to learn about, and thru it all he has been calm and gentle and a
pretty good little guy..  I do not know another fuzzy that could take all
that in and just need a little extra sack time to breeze thru it..  He is
very fortunate in his Mommie.  and Paige has a very exceptional little
companion..

don't you agree?  a match made in Heaven..  :)

dayna and the woozles
October 30, 1998  The Day The Music Died.  I love you Allegro... and will
miss you all of my days.