From:
"Aileen N." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 May 2000 06:51:32 -0700
Sorry to post one more about this nose flicking issue, but since someone
quoted a little piece of my post, I figured I would respond.

I did not ask for a lesson in literal definitions.  I did not look up
"flicking" in the dictionary before deciding to use that word to describe
an action that I did.  Just as I'm sure Deziree didn't look up "thumping."

If you had all read my whole post, you would have seen that I described
my action as lightly tapping ... as if you were tapping the buttons on a
telephone when dialing a number.  That is extremely descriptive.  I have
NOT inflicted pain upon any of my animals.  I made that quite clear in my
post.

It's a shame that people have to take words literally and run to their
dictionaries in order to argue a point.

Thanks to Bob C.  for the anatomy lesson though.  If my "phone-dialling"
method is hard enough to break my ferret's nose, I guess I'll have to
replace my telephone soon.  Besides I'm sure my ferrets have run face-first
into doors and such much harder than I have ever "flicked" them.

Aileen