From:
karen daigneault <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Jul 1999 08:15:29 +0000
Joycev wrote:
>But everyone has a right to be able to put there opinion without being
>jumped and I mean really jumped by a few NOT ALL without mercy and if it
>continues Yes I will unsubscribe... God cant people be nicer and let
>stuff go.

How sad...I totally agree with Joycev in this post.  I have been a
subscriber to this list for almost 3 years now.  And when these debates
come up, (not necessarily the same topic) it always seems to come down to
this.  Being downright nasty as opposed to simply stating an opinion.
Some, I'm saying not all.

Joycev, I hope you don't unsubscribe.  When emails come in, delete them.
The power of the computer!  I found this list when my wonder ferret Colours
died.  I have learned ALOT from the posts from knowledgable people.  I'm
not saying "a little", but alot!  My "business" has grown from two to ten
and I constantly have fuzzies visit me to stay while their owners go out of
town.  I've literally saved 3 of my ferrets with different recipes of duck
soup that I would not have known about without the fml.  I've met so many
wonderful people through this list and have seen groups bond together
moreso then I've ever seen when needed.

I, personally, would not feed my ferrets mice.  Although I agree that the
benefits of the nutritional value may be very good for them, I personally
could not do it.  I suppose this is one very good reason as to why I've
never thought of owning a snake.  I'd have to feed it what it needs to eat
and I just couldn't do it.

Sammie, "the man", the wonder ferret, my DEW who could win a yawning
contest at any ferret show, who is the most laid back guy in the world, who
I've tried on many occasions to give chicken, chicken bones (boiled) to
chomp on will turn his nose up and leave it to the dogs.  Yet, he got into
the hamster cage and was very precise.  Nevertheless, it didn't change
him...

Tara wrote:
>I do not understand why there are so many "loving" ferret owners that look
>to this list to find new homes for their babies.

No flame, Tara.  sh*& happens.  What better place to look for a loving home
then this list?  Unfortunately there are times that one doesn't foresee the
future and has no other choice.  All but 2 of my fuzzies came from homes
that "couldn't keep them anymore".  I do not look down on these people as
a result.  4 came from a friend that I worked with that could not foresee
that he would be struck with a severe memory problem in his "later" years.
He was forgetting to check the water, whatnot and recognized it as a
*problem* and did not want his fuzzies to be neglected.  Granted, this does
not speak for all, but I am just happy that I can be here for them ~ all of
them to offer a loving home.

Karen&Mannaandthetencuriouscarpetsharks