From:
Nancy Farlow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Apr 2003 12:17:49 -0400
I was asked yesterday if I could take these two in, but I just can't
afford any more vet bills, with five geriatric ferrets and my business in
a slump in this economy.

These two were rescued three years ago from a fish tank left in the sun
(there were three, but one didn't make it :( ).  Their rescuer was a
teenage girl who has now moved on, and the ferrets are living with her
aunt, who loves animals (she's a vet tech) but has too many already and
wants to find a loving home where these guys will get the love and
attention they need.  They rarely get out of the cage in their current
situation, she said, with seven dogs in the household.

Their names are Spook (albino) and Max (sable), both males, over three
but actual age unknown.  Both are healthy and up-to-date on vaccinations.
One (Spook, I think) has a cyst on his neck that has been aspirated twice
and has returned, but poses no health problems for the ferret, according
to their vet.  Both are sweet, never bite, love kids, love to ride around
draped over someone's neck.

She's not asking for money, and I'm assuming the cage comes with them,
but I didn't ask.  The only condition is that she (the aunt) wants to
keep in touch with the adopter so she knows that the ferrets are doing
well in their new home.

If you can give these two a home, please email me
([log in to unmask]) and I will put you in touch with the current
owner.

Nancy and critters

PS - Please don't shoot the messenger!