From:
Doug Gerald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 Aug 1996 16:06:53 -0400
It pays not to panic where ferrets are concerned.

The other morning I got up and went in to wake up the 'kids' for play-time
and all were missing!  After searching all the well known places and some
'they wouldn't be there' places, I came upon some clues as to what the %!***
was going on.

Clue #1:  All five were gone - reason states that, due to their independent
natures and individual tastes, this is not the 'usual' disappearing act.

Clue #2: Several missing items, ie.  box of raisens, every bottle of
ferretone in the house, the bunch of bananas from the top of the
refrigerator and the girls favorite toy to 'fight' over, a red mouse with a
bell on the tail and a yellow string tied around it's neck.

Clue #3:  (and most important) A copy of the  FML post (found in the bottom
of the cage) that says the Atlanta Olympics are still on!  Five paw prints
were on the bottom of the page - looks like they did it with smashed raisen!

Clue #4:  A trail of raisens leading out the back door and raisens & moose
nuggets trailing down the street.

This all pointed to the crew grabbing the first moose passing by & hitching
a ride to the Olympics!  I calmed down then, as I knew they are well able to
take care of themselves in that situation,(who's going to mess with five
ferrets on a moose?) and Paw Paw , Mee Maw, Tater and Odie would be
wonderful to them when they got there.  Tory is the oldest and the brains of
the group, so I'm sure it was his idea!  Shadow is not long on thinking
power, but is up for any kind of fun or adventure and the others can always
talk him into anything!  Lori (aka 'the princess) acts dainty, but is right
in the middle of any sort of 'games' - the boys don't even mess with HER!
(BTW - Paw Paw - did Tater disappear for a while?  Lori *loves* to steal &
hide taters, no matter what they look like!) As for Diva & Mysti, they love
competition!  They are our 'tom(boys)ferrets and can 'mix it up' with the
best of them!  So, I'm sure they could not resist the fun & frolick of the
ferret Olympics, not to mention, meeting Paw Paw, Mee Maw, Tater & Odie and
all the rest of the teams from all over the world.

This AM, they were all back in their beds.  Tory has blood-shot eyes and has
strapped an icecube on his little head, Shadow burped and I detected a
distinct smell of ferretone, Lori has a suspicious 'red' ring around her
mouth (BBQ sauce?), Mysti is laying on her back, all sprawled out & can't be
roused and Diva is sound asleep with her head in the food dish, snoring
away!  And there is a strange moose stashed under our couch!  We'll give
them a few days to recover, then have a little talk with our wayward five.
(sigh!)

Paw Paw & Mee Maw - I hope my five did not 'rebel rouse' too much.  They are
good kids, but 'ferrets will be ferrets'.  When asked to do so, I'm sure
they represented Alaska with great dignity.  They thank you for your
wonderful hospitality and invite you all to 'stop on by' if you should ever
make it up this way!

Our sympathy to all sick fuzzies & their pets!  Dooks to all!

Sue, Doug & Penny (we live to obey - our ferrets!)

Tory, Shadow, Lori, Mysti & Diva (the experts on what 'pet' love is truely
about!)