From:
"Bill Gruber, FML moderator" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Jan 2002 01:45:40 EST
About a week ago I asked FML subscribers how you felt about including
some basically off-topic posts on the FML.  For example, should an FML
subscriber feel free to post about needing a home for a feline friend.

The response was not tremendous but was overwhelmingly positive.  With
certain provisions, all of those responding felt it was appropriate.

Basically, off-topic posts will be:

- Clearly marked as being off-topic by including [OT] or [off-topic] in
  the subject line.

- Put near the end of the FML.

- Accepted from subscribers ONLY

- Accepted on a space-available basis.  If off-topic posts arrive on a day
  when the FML is unusually busy I will hold them for a lighter time.  If
  too many off-topic posts are posted we can revisit the issue.

I hope that's acceptable for the majority of subscribers.  As usual, thank
you for your feedback.

Bill
FML moderator