From:
petersen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Jun 2000 13:04:25 -0500
Nancy, so sorry to hear about your loss, but it's neat that the two little
ones are helping you grieve.  We have a couple of suggestions for the ones
that prefer to sleep in the litter box.  First, since it's almost summer
now, are they possibly too hot?  We have some ferrets that prefer to sleep
in the litter box (we use compressed pine pellets) when they get too hot.
The other suggestion is to reduce the cage size, and cover the part of the
floor that isn't taken up by the litter box with bedding, attached to the
cage in some way so that the little terrors can't drag it into the litter
box.  Then put some of their poop into the litter box so they know what
it's for.  Also, if you're using the little triangular corner pans, most
ferrets don't like them!  We've had some instant litter box training
successes when people have switched from those to rectangular pans.  Good
luck!

Kurt & Sara Petersen
FURRY (Ferrets Underfoot RUnning Round You)
http://www.furryferrets.org

Help raise money for the shelter!  Click on
http://www.iGive.com/html/ssi.cfm?cid=5129