From:
"Scott B. Maitland" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 31 Dec 1995 09:53:00 EST
Do any of the vets have an opinion about why ferrets are so susceptible
to cancer?  I've owned 4 ferrets to date, 2 have died from cancer (one
with lymphoma, one with tumor thru bowel).  A third has always had an
enlarged spleen but so far (6 years) has managed.  Is there something in
the breeding lines, possibly a different "age time-line" (eg a couple
years seems young to us but is already quite mature for ferrets).

Finally, an update on the Tucker/Holly introduction.  They are together
though Tucker insists on "rolling" Holly whenever he is awake.  I've
never seen a ferret grow so fast!  He went from a small handful to HUGE
in about 4 weeks!  He is already the largest ferret I've owned.  Holly
is about 2.5 pounds and Tuckers has to be at least 3 already!

Someone asked about "screaming" ferrets: Tucker is the most vocal critter
I've heard!  Even when he is winning the battles he emits a warcry almost
non-stop.  What a character.  Best wishes for a Happy 1996 to all!!

                              Scott