Date:
Thu, 13 Jul 2000 12:13:23 EDT
>I have been feeding my ferrets Totally Ferret food.  The only store I am
>able to find it at (Petco) has stopped selling it and now sales Marshall
>farm's ferret food.  Please email me privately and let me know if Marshall
>Farm's Ferret food is as good of quality ferret food for my two little
>guys.

Hi,

In my opinion, there is no better ferret food than TF.  The company is
great to deal with and the food is wonderful.  Most of my ferrets will
not eat anything else.

When I first got 4 of my 9 ferrets, they were on MF food.  They produced a
lot of waste, their litter pans truly stunk, their coats were OK, and they
seemed healthy.  (1 was on Iams Kitten, 1 was on the "cheapest bulk ferret
food available", 1 was on Kaytee and seemed much like the ones on MF, 1
was on 8 and 1, 1 was on TF)

I switched them to TF as they entered my household.  The volume of wasted
dramatically decreased as did the litter pan odor (type and strength of
odor - I'm sure this is due to the ingredients differences); coats became
gorgious, longer, silky, and shiny; what had seemed healthy now seemed
so-so since they had more energy and shinier eyes, etc.

Hard to believe that a simple diet change can make that much difference,
but it did.  I run a rescue and get ferrets in all conditions.  Sometimes
it takes a while, but they all come around to be gorgeous animals when I
feed TF.  Of the 9 ferrets mentioned above, those on MF food were from
pet stores.  The ones on Iams and Kaytee were rescues, but from very good
homes.  They were healthy when they arrived and just got better when they
started the TF.

You can get it through a catalog (probably less than you paid at the
store) by calling 1-800-JEFFERS.  Or you can get it through
www.theferretstore.com.  Both places have great prices and customer
service.  Both ship quickly.  Jeffers price is cheaper, but they charge
shipping.  No shipping is charged at The Ferret Store.

Kim