Date:
Fri, 23 Aug 1996 12:58:46 -0400
I am a vet-tech at a local clinic and a grad student at the UGA vet-school
here in Athens, GA.  The company who makes Frontline is located here in
Athens, Rhone Meriex.  (I think that is how you spell it).  None-the-less, I
have a ferret...I love her dearly and I too am hesitant about using
frontline on her...The head tech, the staff veterinarians, and I have all
called RM and asked about using Frontline on ferrets...There has been no
research done specifically on ferrets...But, if you know anything about
neuroanatomy, Frontline, ONLY works on invertabrates, i.e. insects...NOT
mammals...The only reason why I have not used it on her yet is that she has
lost some hair around her rump.  We are still trying to figure out whether
this is a nutritional, hypersensitivity, or adrenal problem...So, I don't
want to put anything on her skin that might possibly affect her skin or
haircoat, or make her itch more or less....Basically, trying to eliminate
variable... But, I do plan on getting her on Frontline as soon as we figure
out what is going on...

Take care
Lance