From:
Randy Horton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 Dec 2000 14:30:58 -0800
It's Tuesday at 1:45 pm, we are looking for Niko as I haven't seen him
running about the shelter all morning.  Gloria calls me in the shelter and
she has found him.He is dead.  I am devastated and can't believe my 11
month canadian boy is gone forever.  Oh, Niko!  I am so sorry I let you
down.  He tried to crawl up in some carpet and couldn't turn around.  He
suffocated.  His body is just starting to turn cold and I can't quit
crying.  This shelter is supposed to be ferret proofed.  I don't know
what to do

[continued]
We have never lost a ferret here this way.  Just in case folks don't know,
Niko was Harveys replacement as our shelter mascot and I love him dearly.
I have let him down after promising to protect him and provide him a good
life.  I feel so bad right now.  Niko went with me to Vagas and met CJ and
her shelter kids.  We have so many good memories.  The tears won't quit.  I
am sorry my friend.  I am missing your warmth and snuggliness, your playful
look you give me when I hold you.  I gotta go now .  Hug your babies while
you can.  They may not be here for you to hug tommorrow.

Ferretguy