From:
SHARON DOWELL <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 9 Feb 2002 21:41:55 -0500
A few days ago I posted with regard to an item on Ebay wth regard to a
"Ferret Women Fur 3/4 Coat with Fur Collar.

I contacted Ebay with my concerns because I found the item to be offensive
and indicated that to Ebay submitting it under the Offensive Material
category.

I am happy to say that I just received a response back from Ebay telling
me that upon review of the information it was determined that the listing
violated Ebay policy and they also indicated that the member was alerted
to this violation.

Thank you Ebay!

And please, when you see an item such as that on Ebay think of the animals
involved and let your voices be heard.  When I saw that item on Ebay I
thought of my ferrets and other ferrets in this world.  They don't deserve
that type of ending and neither do all the other unfortunate victims of
the fur trade.  Think of their suffering.  We cannot "Curb our Tongues"
such as was suggested by the Rude One's response when it comes to matters
like these.  If we did, a lot of our legislation that we have now
protecting our animals would never have been passed.

This post is not meant to offend anyone and I would appreciate if those
who disagree with my post will understand that everyone does have the
right to exercise their minds with productive thought process for the
benefit of those (in this case on behalf of the animals) whose voices
need to be heard.