Date:
Sat, 13 Mar 2004 14:00:12 -0500
Hello all my friends.  I know it has been a while since i have written
but i'm BACK!

i had a nice time following mommie around Scotland and watching her
spread grandma's ashes.  Mommie has been home for a while now and i've
been really busy up here so i haven't had time to write an update.

A LOT happened at the shelter while mommie and i were gone but i'll try
to sum it up.

Harris, Arwin, Puppy, Voodoo, Andra & Venora were adopted into great
homes!  YAY!  The shelter also took in a cute guy named Bronte.  He was
found during a storm huddled under someone's car.  He was covered in
ticks and some a-hole cut his canine teeth out.  Then came Avery.  She
was a tiny skin n' bone girl who bit hard!  I'm happy to say both Bronte
and Avery are doing well, both have been neutered and spayed and are
happy little ones.

I also have some sad news to share.  Our dearest Puppy passed away last
week.  His little heart just couldn't function.  i'm just so happy the
little guy found a mommie to love him and a forever home for a few weeks
before he crossed the Rainbow Bridge.  Well, Puppy is up here with me,
war dancing and playing but he misses his buddy Voodoo, the shelter
volunteers and his new mommie very much.

On Monday, the shelter took in a sweet boy mommie named Blarney ('cuz
he's FULL of Blarney!).  He's a MARSHALL ferret (has the tattoos) but
he's NOT neutered!  The shelter has come across many female Marshall, CDC
and Hagan ferrets not fully spayed, but we have never seen an incomplete
neuter!  Blarney is HUGE and smelly.  He's a year and a half and mommie
just loves kissing him - she has resigned herself NOT to rub his belly,
visions of Phil still dancing in her head :)

Avery & Blarney tried playing together and for the 1st day did great.
Now Blarney has his hormones adjusted, it's not a good match.  Avery
has decided she is just in LOVE with Bronte and they play wonderfully
together!

The Valentine's Date Auction was fun.  It happened on Feb 23 and the
shelter raised $1,700.

All my love to all!

Harley "Bug"

The Ferret Aid Society "For the Love of our Fuzzy Friends"
http://www.ferretaid.org/