From:
Roberta McCanse <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Nov 2008 11:29:04 -0600
I have to put a plug in for Kansas City. We are centrally located,
relatively inexpensive to get to (RT from/to Indianapolis or Chicago
less than $100 this week), we are moderately priced and there is Tons
of SHOPPING here. Lots of Jazz, BBQ, turn of the century architecture,
museums, and hotels near the Country Club Plaza are no more expensive
than several of those near the airport. And of course this is the home
of the Kansas City Ferret Hotline and Shelter. We really have it all
so come on in.

What a great time we had at the symposium. June's friend, Sally,
drove us around the city. I had no idea Pittsburgh was so interesting
geographically and ethnically. Much more there than old steel mills.
Thanks, Sally. We learned a tremendous amount, lots to share with our
vets and ferret friends here. Thanks to everyone who worked so hard
to put this together, and to Marsha for wrangling the volunteers.

Bobbi McC