From:
Carol Owens <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 25 Aug 2003 14:54:38 -0700
I have ferret skins hanging in my closet, my mother's old "Russian fitch"
fur jacket.  I believe it was made in the '30's as a full length coat.
She had it shortened to a jacket in the '50's.  How many beautiful little
furries died to make that?  I don't quite know what to do with it except
show it as an example of how women kept warm and stylish before faux fur
and polarfleece.

Also, Sandee, please check on Sydney, that he's alright now.  It's been
a year since he went to the bridge after adrenal surgery.  I waited too
long to have that done and he just went downhill.  Tell him his mommy and
daddy miss him as well as his buddy Phillip.  He should be able to find
Reggie, Barret and Radar there, too.  Sydney, Reggie (White) and Radar
had been used to exhibit in a traveling petting zoo in Wisconsin and the
boy who had them lost interest so I rescued them from a life of being
kept in a filthy cage in a barn.  Reggie, a big DEW female, had blown her
coat in fall and within three weeks of being in my home and eating good
food had a full new pelage, white with just a few streaks of dark here
and there.  She lived to about eight and finally had to go to the bridge
after a her spleen got huge.  And Radar is still running around at the
bridge.  She never walked.  Her liver and kidneys failed back in June.

Carol O.