From:
Date:
Wed, 27 Oct 1999 09:50:58 -0700
>From:    Matthew Ardill & Siani Evans <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: ethoxyquin
>it says "chicken fat (preserved with mixed Tocopherols and citric acid)"

We believe that tocopherols is vitamin E as a preservative.

>From:    Mustang Charlie <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: More On Wood Shavings
>I wish I could remember the chemical in the wood that is responsible for
>the problems

Thanks and kudos to Jeff Johnston formerly a part of TriFL in North
Carolina.

http://www.trifl.org/cedar.html

Plicatic acid in cedar.

Abietic acid in pine.

Poor Jeff is now ferretless in the not-so-great state of California.

>From:    "K. Crassi" <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Pineapple juice/aspen shavings
>As for aspen shavings, I've wondered why pet stores don't use these
>rather than pine.  I suppose cost is probably the reason as it might be
>more expensive.

You are correct in yout supposition <smile>  It is more costly, somewhat
significantly - we've been told that in no uncertain terms is why some pet
stores didn't want to change.  But it is better stuff.

>From:    Linda Iroff <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: why buy the video?

Thank you.  We've been very fortunate regarding vets so didn't have the
same perspective of dealing with less than enthusiastic vets.

B&D
--
bill and diane killian
zen and the art of ferrets