Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Wed, 11 Aug 1993 13:51:55 -0400
It looks like Sergej and I have the same ferret symptoms--Beckett (the shark)
bites like the dickens, and is always more than happy to clamp on to a toe or
an ear, despite all of my disciplining attempts.  I think that she has learned
that if she wants attention, then biting is just the ticket.  I have tried nose
flicking, water spraying, and scruff-of-the-neck shaking, but nothing seems to
work.  She is getting a little better about the pressure she exerts when biting
my hands, but has also discovered that the fleshy part of an arm or leg will
evoke a response that is, for her, great play!  All suggestions relating to
this playful problem are welcomed...

I, like others on the list, would be interested in any ferret activities or
clubs in the Toronto area, so please forward any info. on this our way.  I live
in Kingston, Ont., so anything in Eastern Ontario would be helpful as well.

Thanks to all in advance,

Ross and baby Beckett.